With the recent changes by the NCAA to the NCAA Recruiting Calendar and also to the events certified by their organization, the NCAA and AIA now introduce the Section 7 Basketball Team Camp - a live Division-I viewing event scheduled for June 21-23rd at numerous local Arizona high schools in the valley. The Arizona Basketball Coaches Association will be running the LIVE scholastic event for Division 1 college coaches to attend. This event has been sponsored by the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA), and they have invited NFHS member schools from Southern California, Nevada, Utah, Hawaii and New Mexico.
This rather large new and exciting event is an absolute new chapter in high basketball around the country, as the event was created for "the purpose of showcasing all that is good about high school sports and providing a competitive platform for teams to get better." The event organizers also understand the importance of being seen and evaluated by college coaches, so the event was developed to create more of these opportunities for the schools and players involved.
The event will also include a mandatory educational component for all players and coaches. The event will be played under USA Basketball and Jr. NBA youth basketball guidelines, NFHS playing rules, and will require all coaches in the event to be USA basketball licensed.
Our staff from Arizona Preps will be in attendance to cover the event throughly next weekend, and will be looking forward to bringing you our top performers from this year's event.
Here are some important details for this year's colossal event . . .
- Only NFHS member schools can participate in the event
- Cost: $200 per team (Varsity Only)
- Games: ALL Teams will receive 4 Games Throughout the Weekend
- Location: Centrally Located at NFHS High Schools and Non-Division 1 Colleges
- Divisions: 3 Divisions (Division 1,
Division 1A, Division 1AA) (This event is geared toward Division 1
coaches and prospective athletes. Each division has been designed to be
as competitive as possible while still allowing as many teams as
possible to participate)
- Invite Only Division: (National Level Teams)
- Qualification Division: Teams must pass Section 7 D1A Team Camp requirements OR have completed an application and been accepted for admittance through the Section 7 D1 Team Camp committee.
- Open Division: Open to as many teams as we have space for that are in the upper classifications in their state (4A or above in Arizona) OR have completed an application and been accepted for admittance through the Section 7 D1AA Team Camp committee. (REMAINING TEAMS WILL BE PUT ON A WAIT LIST)
- Registration: All registration for Qualification and Open Divisions will happen through the ABCA's Youth Development Academy website STARTING FEBRUARY 15th, 2019. At that time requirements for each division will be finalized and posted.
- We anticipate space filling up FAST so please register ASAP. Qualification and Open Divisions will be open until capacity is met. Any teams registering after divisions are full will be placed on a wait list and contacted IF space opens.
- You will be able to pay by credit or debit card when you register. If paying by PO or check we will invoice your program and you can pay by April 30th, 2019. (A TEAM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMITTANCE INTO THE TOURNAMENT UNTIL THEIR ENTRY FEE IS RECEIVED)
- ALL Teams will be notified of their admittance and division placement by May 1st, 2019.
- ALL COACHES MUST BE USAB GOLD LICENSED: To be on the sideline for the event ALL coaches must have a USAB Gold coach license.
- The website to get your license is https://community.usab.com/
- All games will be played by NFHS high school rules
- The tournament will be played under the USA Basketball/Jr. NBA guidelines
- Every player and Coach will attend a leadership development session
- We will have discounted rates at host hotels for the teams and will have that information ASAP.
- IF YOU WANT TO HELP OUT: This is OUR event and we will have many ways for coaches to help. If you are interested in volunteering some of your time to help please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the amazing event schedule for next weekend's exciting Basketball Team Camp . . .